business cards design software
The Spot color printing with business cards is an alternative print method from the full color printing which allows to print only 1,2 or 3 colors at a time. Each colored section on the file must specified to a uniformed color standard; PMS or Pantone matching system from your software. Most printer carries their preferred in-house choice of colors as their standard colors of choice to save the time, the waste, and the cost involve in printing.
To taken an advantage of Spot color printing method, your business card layout should be set up by a graphic designer or printer who understands the registration and trapping issues within the file set up.
- You can specify an exact colors to your business card better than the full color printing can.
- You have more paper options available in spot color business cards printing.
- You can apply the raised ink technique on the print.
- Easier to find the foil and embossed printer.
- You can even apply the letter press technique as well
Business card choices is about to offer spot color business card builder online for those seeking for this type of traditional simple looking business cards. You can save 30-40% compare to the retail print outlet. Start offering $19/500 business cards on the bright white (100 lb) papers.
Save your Microsoft business card file as PDF.
No printer shop can be responsible for not having a right fonts for the file. So you need to embed the fonts and graphic file into the file so they are all in one file saving as the PDF file.
More, most printers don’t recognize the Publisher file as the out file type so must save as a PDF.
Here are some of the basic tips on using the Publisher file:
- Change to the Designer mode
- Set to 8.5 x11, draw card size as 3.625×2.125, on on the top for the front of the card and on the bottom for the back of the cards. Put your card info in these two squares.
- Do not set the business cards 8 0r 10 to a sheet. That’ only to print as a laser print. Most professional printing requires only one set up.
- Make sure save business card file as 300 dpi resolution in PDF file options.