Pitfalls in creating your own business cards online
Creating your own business cards online can be a frustrating experience for many people.
There are plenty of business cards online sites where you can create your own business cards online (DIY) for a fraction of the cost. Every one of them claims they can get you the cards for under $10. Then the question comes next, is this business card good enough for my business? Is this card thick enough? Can I can place my own logo? Can I add my own graphic? What about my own photo image? Do I have time to mess with another business card designing interface can’t seem to understand? How do I place my logo that I got it from my web designer?
The answer is “Yes” you can do all of those things, but it’s “Not, that simple.” Here is why?
- Background template. Most online custom business card design tool is dictated by fancy background leaves you with very little room to write on the card. They sold you with a background template that you somehow work around the design issues.
- Logo. Just ask yourself, what is is more import to you, a logo of your business on the card or the fancy background that dominates half the card. Do you want a very small logo on the card or a logo that properly represent your business brand you are trying to achieve? In many cases, just type in your business name on the card and call it a day. Is that how you want to present your business?
- Add other Graphics or photo image. How can you place the photo image over the background image without having a white background of the photo image? In most cases, you can’t place another image over the background. You will need graphic professional’s help who understands how these business cards online designing tool works.
- Card Thickness. Many business cards online sites offer 10pt 12pt papers. That’s far below the today’s industry standard of 14pt or 16pt papers. Basically, you are getting a low-grade paper printed from a digital printer which is considered as a low-quality printing by many print professionals. If you want the standard cards you need to pay extra along with the professional graphic designing fee.
- Colored Text. How can I place the colored text over the neutral earth toned colored background graphic? Do you use dark color text or Light color text? It’s not that simple.